As many of you know, I have launched my newest product which is Ember Cove Shaving Oil & Skin Salve. I have such sensitive skin that even after shaving with an electric shaver I get razor burn. Shaving with an actual razor? It used to be out of the question. I became tired of razor burn, irritations, ingrown hairs and the acne caused by both of these, so I decided to look for an alternative. I was doing research on oils one day and a wonderful idea for a shaving oil came to mind. After doing an extensive search, I discovered myself that there are “pre-shave” oils, but little to no shaving oil, so I decided to make my own!
A couple months ago when I was trying out recipes for it, I asked my significant other if he’d try it. Since he is in the military, he needs to shave every single day and is prone to razor burns and irritations so I thought this would be perfect for him. The only answer I received from him at that point was, “I don’t think that’s going to work”. Perfect. He’s the hardest person to convince! I developed my recipe and gave it to him to try, and after a few days of ignoring the shaving oil on the counter he finally did. Immediately, he said it felt wonderful and a couple weeks later he actually came up to me and said, “you know, I actually like shaving now”.
So why does this “shaving oil” work? And why the “skin salve” part? Well, the shaving oil & skin salve is made up of 6 extremely healthy oils that all have individual benefits for your skin. Each oil works as a different salve and helps heal and soothe skin ailments. Like every product I make, this shaving oil serves multiple purposes and benefits to your skin besides just providing a close shave. The oils it is made with consist of Sunflower Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Calendula Oil, Emu Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, and Lemon Oil. Sounds great, right? Maybe not yet, but I’ll explain why these are awesome.
- Sunflower Oil has calming and emollient properties. It is nourishing and softening and can help skin that suffers from acne, eczema, rashes and redness. It contains very high levels of vitamin E.
- Aloe Vera has been prized for hundreds of years for its medicinal and cosmetic properties. It can be used to treat various skin ailments like eczema, psoriasis, ulcers, dermatitis, acne and also to stimulate cell regeneration, as it is an excellent softening agent. The various enzymes in aloe vera oil reduce the itching, swelling and inflammation. The oil and gel of aloe vera can also be used to treat wounds, burns, scalds and even sunburn, as the plant extract counters any bacterial infection while increasing the circulation, which speeds up the healing process.
- Calendula Oil has become one of my favorites. Its use is for skin irritations, cracks, slow-healing wounds, razor burns, psoriasis, eczema, sunburns, dry skin, itchiness, and inflammation. Perfect as a shaving oil ingredient!
- Emu Oil is pretty outstanding. Research and history shows that Emu oil has been used for thousands of years as a natural medicine by the Aborigines of Australia. It was used for arthritis pain relief, to heal wounds, burns, sunburns, and to reduce the pain, itch & swelling of insect bites and stings. Emu Oil is gentle for all skin types, non-toxic & natural, non-comedogenic (does not clog pores) and hypo-allergenic so it’s great for people with sensitive skin and allergies.
- Sweet Almond Oil is an excellent moisturizer. It also soothes and softens the skin. Safe for all skin types, baby massages, wrinkles, stretch marks, and great for really dry skin.
- Lemon oil deploys antiseptic effects on minor infections of the skin, including acne. When mixed and diluted correctly (which mine is), this oil will leave you feeling refreshed with smooth, soothed, healthier skin.
Okay, that sounds a lot more awesome! But it sounds like an oily mess, why would I want to use this? Quite the contrary! This shaving oil will not make your skin feel oily at all with proper use, and will provide amazing benefits to your skin that your normal shaving routine never did before! There are a few ways to use shaving oil, but for Ember Cove Shaving Oil & Skin Salve I recommend:
- Wet the area with warm water
- Shake the bottle to ensure the oils are mixed well
- Apply Ember Cove Shaving Oil & Skin Salve, making sure to cover the entire area to be shaved
- Optional: Apply shaving cream. However this product was made to eliminate the need for this.
- Rinse your razor often.
- Rinse lightly and pat dry.
- Rub the remainder of the oil into your skin and enjoy!
I also recommend making sure your razor is sharp, as dull razors are more likely to pull.
I am extremely proud of this product and quite excited about it as well. In fact, I guarantee that after trying it you will be hooked as well! If you’re not, there’s always a full refund waiting so what do you have to lose? I can write about this shaving oil & skin salve all day and night, and many people will be skeptical to even give it a quick try. I am confident that like my other products, this one is an amazing benefit to your skin – both to women and men alike! It comes in a few awesome fragrances that are faint enough to not irritate your nose, but pleasant enough to give off a sort of aftershave scent. This makes an awesome gift for anyone who shaves, and I highly recommend it to those who have to shave every single day.
Tried the oil already? Leave your feedback here! I am always eager to hear comments about any and all of my products.